1. Beware of men whose preaching is shallow, and who never seem to say anything new, in the sense of the understanding of Scripture.
2. Beware of preachers who fail to preach on the holiness of God and His hatred for sin.
3. Beware of preachers who emphasize feelings and emotions rather than doctrine, who are shallow and lack depth.
4. Beware of preachers who are preoccupied with physical appearance; who are preoccupied with clothing, jewelry, cars, houses, wealth, fancy hotels, fancy restaurants.
5. Beware of preachers with a lack of deep seriousness about sin.
6. Beware of preachers who have a preoccupation with sexual matters and subjects in the pulpit.
7. Be very wary of preachers who are more concerned with relationships to people than they are with peoples’ relationships to God.
I invite you to apply these high standards to my preaching and lifestyle as well.